Monday, September 3, 2007

direction for final assignment & my childhood toys

as i have mentioned earlier on, my design style is simply taking photographs of children in an angle that best brings out the mood. however, after consultation with shirlyn, i thought to myself, it is definitely impossible to shoot my own collection of CHILDREN? cause if i were to fuse Peter Blake's design belief - getting his inspirations from his own collections of toys and miniature cartoon characters. i definitely have no such collection. so i have decided to find objects and things that are closely related to children. AND i found it! toys are often related and closely related to children! hmmm. therefore i have decided the direction that i am heading for, for the final assignment.


I am intending to shoot my own collection of toys (conincide with Peter Blake's design belief) in angles that would best bring out the joy/mood (conincide with my design style).


And, here are two toys which i have very fond memories for when i was a kid:


Kudos to the creator of Rubik's Cube =D
Here is one of the toy which I have collected for a long time. HAHA. i am not too sure what is the name of this toy is called.. something cubism is it? or cube? or cuby? sounds like a art movement? cubism.. AH! i know! its called the rubik's cube! invented by a smart guy called Erno Rubik. (here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubik%27s_Cube check it out =D!) anyway, i love to play with this toy when i was young. argh! but i only love to play with it only after i have turned it MY WAY! some people ah. disturb me last time, go anyhow turn the cube. then i dont know how to turn back. took me a such a looooooooooong time to get it back to the original pieces. anyway, why do i love this toy so much? ah! i think this toy is a challenge! =D dont you think so? its a challenge just to get the correct colours together.something it would take up to days just to get the correct colours together. troublesome? nope. i wouldnt think so.
i think it has helped to train me to be determined and to persevered in the design world. =)


kudos to the creator of legos! =) for more reference: visit http://www.lego.com/

Here is another toy that i especially love to play with when I was a kid! =D LEGO!
I have kept them for a long time because they meant alot to mean when I was a kid.
I love lego alot! BUT lego were expensive. or rather, lego is still expensive now. one box of lego toys could cost me up to $90+. as a kid, where to find that kind of money last time? LOL. So often when i am bored, I would take my lego toys out and play with them. dismantle everything, then build them up from scratch. haha! i personally believe lego toys help to train my mind to be focused. it allowed me to stay determined and focused till i have finished building what was in my mind. COOL!
references: